Saturday, August 20, 2011

Alphabet Block Match - Thanks Target Dollar Spot!

So I was totally inspired by a post at Teach Preschool, in which Deborah mas making ink stamps with these foam blocks she found at Target in the Dollar Spot. I had bought them too but wasn't sure what I would do with them yet. I liked her idea to add the foam pictures to make stamps. I switched it up a bit and made mine into simple alphabet blocks I will use for letter recognition in my Language and Literacy Center. I created some letter matching mats to go with them. There are three mats, one is just the alphabet in order to help children with recognition and discrimination, one is a mixed up alphabet for more advanced recognition, and one has lowercase letters. If you would like a copy you can download the Alphabet Block Match Game- PDF documents (in a zip file) from my website www.2care2teach4kids.com for free!
HINT: The letters are placed on specific colors to help children with beginning letter recognition skills.
Enjoy!